Let’s get together in The Blue Market to celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee on Saturday 4th June 2022 from 1pm to 5pm.
Join us in The Blue to celebrate Her Majesty’s Jubilee with free activities for everyone, live music and all the community getting together.
LIVE MUSIC AND DANCE
Unity Music Arts Team will entertain us with a fantastic line-up of professional musicians and singers and you’ll be able to join in for the Latin Salsa Community Dancing activity, no royal approval required!
• 1pm: Vocalist Stephen Pierre, pianist Cliff Hall and saxophonist Samuel Toulson present A Tribute The Crooners .
• 1.30pm: Guitar Vocalist FAANA playing some classic acoustic pop & rock tunes
• 2pm: Latin Salsa Community Dancing
• 2.30pm:Stephen Pierre introduces invited local guest singers accompanied by Cliff Hall.
• 3pm: Guitar vocalist Faana
• 3.30pm: Latin Salsa Community Dancing
FREE ACTIVITIES FROM 1PM. ALL AGES WELCOME
Kings & Queens of Bermondsey – Family Art Workshop
Make and decorate your own crown for Jubilee Day with local Artist Joanna McCormick
Jubilee Family Art Workshops
Bunting making, royal colouring-in and more queenly creative fun for all abilities!
Hula with Planet Hoop
Come and learn to hula-hoop. In honour of the Jubilee, Princess Clara from Planet Hoop will bestow fun and fitness for all royal subjects!
Eat, shop and listen to the music
Grab a bite at any of the street food traders at The Blue Market who will be selling a range of Colombian, Caribbean and Mediterranean food. Find unique gifts ideas in the stalls selling crafts and fashion or seat to enjoy a coffee and something to eat in the cafes in the square.
How to get to The Blue Market
By bus: 1, 381, P12
By underground: Nearest station, Bermondsey
By train: South Bermondsey
Santander bikes / hire e-scooters and plenty of parking for bicycles